Monday, September 24, 2007

A home away from home


This weekend we had a great time at the Indian festival in Columbus. Seeing the ambience there, we smelt the fragrance of India. All Desi shops, typical Desi food like dosas, vadai, idli hmmm.........mouth watering cholebaturas etc. There were so many cultural events performed by kids of different ages. Seeing the auditorium there reminded me of my "audi" (i.e. auditorium) in RECW. All those musical evenings, Saturday night movie shows, guest lectures, Spring Spree (i.e. a cultural fest in RECW) nights, Technomatrix (a tech fest in RECW) events in audi flased through my mind."If only memories could be bottled like perfumes and I could remove the stopper to smell them whenever I want to..". Anyways nothing can be more sweeter than these college life experiences with close friends. Seeing all the events in the festival I felt like wherever we go we will make our presence felt with our values and traditions.This feeling became even more stronger when I saw someone in the audience, a foreigner holding our national flag and clapping to those kids who are performing on the stage. We came home with a great feeling that we do make the difference being away from home.

0 comments: