Thursday, September 20, 2007

A feeling of being cared


A few days back one of my colleagues got operated for brain tumour It was really a sudden surprise for everyone of us in the project as he never complained anything about his health.The next day another colleague of mine got a "Get Well Soon" card and passed on that to every one's cube to wish good luck to him to recover soon. That card travelled through my cube also for my wishes.I have this inquisitiveness of reading quotes, proverbs,or any kind of writings from my childhood except the personal diaries or anything personal of course .I don't know whether it is good or bad but I can't help other than reading when there are some words in front of me :). Now coming to the card, after seeing all my colleagues wishes I was so touched with her thoughtful act of getting a card. Everyone conveyed their wishes in simple words.........no Shakespeare sonnets or William Wordsworth's poems just few words saying that they will keep him in their prayers to recover soon.Sometimes it is so nice to express our thoughts and feelings openly. Even I do care for him and want him to recover soon but after seeing her card, for few moments I felt like why didn't I get such thought.Sometimes these kind of small things go a long way. Anyways I signed the card and gave it back to her appreciating her thoughtfulness. I am sure after seeing all our wishes my colleague will definitely feel good, May be it is a simple piece of paper with some letters by looks but it is a great feeling infact, "A feeling of being cared".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its the actions that matter not thoughts ;)

its "sati-manishi-kosam-edina-chesey" thought that matters, not just cards !

May be you missed on the card - but you will never miss opppurtunity to help others ...

Anonymous said...

hi sharada, Iam thinking of writing blog on ur interpretation of things :). each and everything is very heart touching. thanks for posting such thought provoking blogs - Surekha