Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Day to Forget


I hapened to read about Valentine's Day article in TIME magazine today. Here are some few words which really substantiated my previous post. The words go like this:
For those who feel well loved, everyday, of course is Valentine's. For the rest, no card can console. The minute if one feels like giving something is a duty, it has lost its purpose. Love sought is good, as Shakespeare observed, but given unsought is better
They have concluded that the best gift for the Valentine's Day is to ignore it altogether.Wonderful isn't it? ;-)

3 comments:

Life is a box of chocolates said...

If gifting on valentine's day is a bad idea then celebrating anniversary's, birthdays is a bad idea either.

Its more of a day where in you set aside all things and just affirm the love you have for the other person.

Its not a reminder but its a milestone.

Vidhya Rajesh said...

hmmm... i think i agree with "idiot & his life". This arugement about valentine's has been on since long.
I am the firm kind of believer of celebrating "special" days - like valentine's or mother's day - for I feel that if I celebrate that day it does not mean that I love my partner/friend/mom/somebody only on that day; it just means that in this busy life that we lead, I am prepared to take out one entire day and spend it solely for that one person.
On a day to day life, I am surely we don't spend hours together recounting all the best things we like about the other person, or talking to him/her for a long time about somethings other than the usual drab of life..
But then well-it is my point of view. Ppl do differ :)

Visharada said...

Vidhya/Ravi, I totally agree with you guys. My concern was about the hype and branding that people create to celebrate this day.. just for the purpose of exchanging gifts.

Gr8 to see ur comments :)